Tuesday 8 March 2011

The start of something beautiful

In this lesson we were given the task of beginning to think about what our music magazine would be called and what genre it was going to be and stuff like that, I had decided that the genre of my magazine would be rock/metal music i chose this Genre because it is the genre of music that i listen to myself so i thought it would allow me to have a better understanding of what people want to see.
Coming up for a name for my magazine would be one of the toughest parts, i decided that the best way to go about it would be to brainstorm what words came into my head when i thought of the word rock, loads of different words came flying into my head from all angles the majority of the words i thought of involved guitars or drums, nothing really stood out and grabbed me. After a few minutes of complaining about how hard this decision actually was, suddenly the word distortion popped into my head it was just what i was looking for, and just like that the rock magazine Distortion was born and was ready to take its first steps in the world.


Deciding on the name of the magazine was a hollow victory as i soon realised i had to create a pitch to show Mrs Rogers that included information about what my target audience will be, what the magazine contained and so on. I then had to draw up some kind of plan of what my front cover would look like but as you could probably tell from previous posts im not exactly a creative person. I went for a crazy yellow and black design that in my head looks really cool but we will have to wait and see, i then decided that the main story for my double page spread would be an "interview with a teenage rock sensation " this is generic enough that it would be easy for me to adapt the story when i need to if i change my mind in the future.


The final task for me was to show Mrs my work and get her opinion of it, overall she seemed happy with my work aside from a view punctuation issues but everybodies human right, the next set of lessons are just gonna be me doing my own thing and trying to get stuff done so my next few posts may seem a tad erratic, my apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment